Amper is an artificial intelligence composer, performer, and producer that empowers you to instantly create and customize original music for your content.
We are a team of Hollywood film composers and music technologists who believe that the future of music will be created through collaboration between humans and artificial intelligence. In everything we do, we want this collaborative experience to propel the creative process forward, and so we redefine what’s possible by teaching computers to be intrinsically creative and enabling relationships between humans and AI. Ultimately, we are combining the highest levels of artistry with groundbreaking technology to empower our users to collaborate and create professional music.
Backed by leading venture capital firms, we love pushing the bounds of technology. Nothing drives us more than a good challenge. Our offices are located in New York, NY and Santa Monica, CA.
Compensation includes salary and stock options, and benefits include flexible paid time off, comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision), collaborative work environment, and learning from and contributing to a team that is second to none.
Please view individual listings for application instructions, we’d love to hear from you!
Audio Software (DSP) Engineer
Creative technologists applying for this New York City full-time position are offered the rare opportunity to have a direct effect on shaping the future of music and to propel Amper's technological growth.
- Develop and implement new tools used by our production and composition teams that are critical to sampling, synthesis, and audio production
- Design and code internal VST-based plugins for use in our audio engine
- Research and develop software, tools, and techniques for the analysis of music and audio
- Take part in shaping the ongoing technology strategy of the company
- 3 - 5+ years experience writing production quality, unit-tested C++ software
- Significant DSP software programming experience, with a strong background in signal flow and creative thinking
- Experience developing software for OS X, Windows, and Linux systems
- Problem-solving self-starter who also enjoys team collaboration
- Competency with Agile development methodology
- Track record of implementing engineering best practices
- Experience with test-driven development
- Comfort with scripting and algorithm prototyping in Python
- Experience using the JUCE library
- Experience building sandboxed environments for use by third-party developers
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Music analysis and feature extraction including pitch, tempo, and beat detection
- Music composition and recording studio experience
How to apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, use the subject "DSP Audio Engineer," and briefly let us know:
- What technologies or paradigms in DSP software engineering are you most excited about right now?
- What technology or topic is at the top of your list of things to learn? This does not have to be related to DSP
User Experience Designer
UX Designers applying for this New York City full-time position are offered the rare opportunity to have a direct effect on shaping the future of music.
- Design unique, intuitive interfaces and experiences for both our public product and internal tools
- Responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, surveys, and translating them into wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- Deliver wireframes, stories, and journeys through effective collaboration with multiple engineering teams
- Address overall product functionality through iteration to ensure a great user experience
- Take part in shaping the ongoing technology strategy of the company as well as syncing technology, music, and business goals
- Deep understanding of the importance of user-centered design with experience in UX standard methodologies
- Identify design problems and devise solutions for intuitive user experiences
- Advance product vision by researching, wireframing, sketching, and prototyping user experiences
- Can work equally well independently and collaboratively
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to founders, team, and board members
- Solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Adobe Experience Design, etc.
- Familiarity with DAWs and standard digital music composition workflows
- Real passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Familiarity with HCI
- Keeping current and sharing the latest UX trends and paradigms
How to apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com, use the subject "UX Designer," and briefly let us know:
- What new UX paradigms or philosophies are you most passionate about right now?
- What technology, design approach, or topic is at the top of your list of things to learn? This does not have to be related to UX